|Jim's feelings on sharing your life with dogs
Here are some tidbits Jim has picked up while living with Norman
and Sirocco that we would like to Share with you.
Training should be fun for both you and your canine friend.
You get more bees with honey than vinegar, i.e. use positive
reenforcement versus harsh training techniques to change the
Your canine friend didn't ask to compete it was your idea, if things
don't go right do not blame your friend. Look at the way you
handled the situation first.
Food for Thought for Some of Our Saluki Friends
"No animal should ever jump on the dining-room furniture unless
absolutely certain he can hold his own in the conversation"
-SOCIAL STUDIES, Fran Lebowitz
|Ten Commandments of Responsible Pet Ownership
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you will be
2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.
3. Place your trust in me -- it is crucial for my well being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long, and don't lock me up as punishment. You
have your work, your friends, and your entertainment. I have only you!!
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I understand your
voice when it's speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it. Before you hit
me, remember that I have teeth that could easily crush the bones in your
hand, but I choose not to bite you.
7. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if
something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,
I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart may be getting old and weak.
8. Take care of me when I get old. You, too, will grow old.
9. Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch it" or "
Let it happen in my absence." Everything is easier for me if you are there.
10. REMEMBER, I LOVE YOU.
|Direct Links To:
Coming of Norman
Norman the Poodle
The Coming of Sirocco
Sirocco the Saluki Sirocco's Pedigree
Is a Saluki for You? AKC Saluki Breed Standard
Jim's Thoughts on Living with Canine Friends
Agility Tips More Agility Tips
The Family Photo Album
Sirocco - Orchid Litter July 25, 2005
Favorite Linking Sites